I’m Nancy Breakstone
I’m a waterwoman. I’ve spent the last 50+ years on the water: windsurfing, sailing and for the last eight years stand up paddleboarding. I see the beauty of our waters both on the beach and on the ocean. And I’ve always been an artist, too. As a child I painted landscapes and water fowl. As an adult I have embraced photography, both of the objective and the abstract. As I walk the beaches during my travels my eye is taken to sights one may not normally see and I remember them forever through my photographs.
- 38th Annual Juried Photography Show at the Carriage Barn Arts Center, Jan. 20th-Feb. 18th, 2018. Over 750 entries; 2 photos accepted into juried art show
- Community Art Show at the Bruce S. Kershner Gallery at the Fairfield Public Library Jan. 26th-March 17th. 1 photo
- Photowork 2018, Barrett Art Center’s 31st Annual National Juried Photography Exhibition. Feb. 10th-March 24th. 811 Entries; 1 photo accepted.
- Maritime Garage Gallery exhibition “Worth a Thousand Words”. Jan. 29th-May 11, 2018. 1 photo selected
- Images 2018 at the Fairfield Museum and History Center, March 1st-April 15th, juried show; Viewer’s Choice Award
- FOCUS ‘18 Exhibit presented by the Wilton Arts Council and held at the Wilton Library March 3-29. 2 photos
- Neoteric Abstract IV Exhibition, Limner Gallery, Hudson, NY, April 5th-28th; 1 photo in juried exhibit
- 56th Annual CCNS Art Show & Sale, May 31st – June 2nd. 2 photos accepted into juried show.
- Ridgefield Guild of Artists, Universe Members Show, March 17-April 15. 3 photos being shown
- The 107th Exhibition, Connecticut Academy of Fine Arts, April 20-June 2, Mystic Museum of Art. 1 photo accepted into juried show
- Solo Exhibition, Pour Me Cafe, July 9th-Sept. 14th
- Solo Exhibition, Brendan’s 101, Rowayton, Nov. 7th-Dec. 5th
- Accepted as an Exhibiting Artist on Jan. 26th at the Rowayton Arts Center
Her work will be featured in the April issue of The Woven Tale Press magazine.
Rowayton Arts Center (Exhibiting Artist)
Greenwich Art Society
The Carriage Barn Arts Center
Barrett Art Center
Ridgefield Guild of Artists
Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County
Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut
Connecticut Academy of Fine Arts
Stamford Art Association
Westport Arts Center
- Solo Exhibition at the Gallery at Grain Surfboards, Amagansett, NY, October 7th to 22nd
- Pequot Library’s 20th Art Show, October 14th to 22nd, 4 photos in juried art show